Compete for the Top
Our YMCA currently has one of the top youth basketball programs in the state at every grade level and our year-round program develops youth players both on and off the court.
Even though we are unable to resume basketball operations at the moment, you can still work on your game through small group training or private lessons.
- Players are evaluated at seasonal tryouts and placed on teams based on their skill level.
- Paid coaches lead two 90-minutes practices per week and each team will play at least 12 games per season.
- Teams will be formed in an A, B, or C level format. 11 players max per team to ensure quality practices and playing time in games.
- The Beaverton Hoop YMCA carries a combined total of 30 Hoop Elite Basketball teams across grades 3–12. Number of teams per grade level varies due to participation in a given grade level.
- All league and tournament games follow high school rules and are officiated by two referees.
- Players are encouraged to attend both tryout session. They will not be placed on a team unless alternative arrangements have been made with the Program Director.
- This is a competitive basketball program and players are evaluated at tryouts and placed by skill level. Not all players will be placed.
- Players receive a student membership to the Beaverton Hoop YMCA during the season.
- Payment and Refunds
- Full payment is due by 8 PM on the last day of tryouts for your child’s division. Player will not be considered for a Hoop Elite team if payment is not made by deadline.
- Participants will be charged a $40 withdrawal fee, regardless of when the withdrawal takes place.
- If your child is not placed on a team, a refund will be issued the same way payment was received (check payment will receive a refund check, credit card will be refunded via credit card).
- A $30 tryout fee will be subtracted from the total paid. The withdrawal will not be charged in this instance.
- Notification will be sent by email to the parent or guardian listed in the registration system.
- If your child is placed on a team but you decide not to participate in the season, a refund will be issued the same way payment was received minus a $30 tryout fee and a $40 processing fee.
- Checks will be mailed by our corporate office and may take 10–15 days to arrive. Credit Card refunds can take up to 7–10 business days.
Requests for cancellation must be made in writing via email to Mandy Evans, Program Director.
- Financial Assistance
We believe every child deserves a chance to participate in our programs. Financial assistance is available to both members and non-members. Financial assistance applications are due the week before tryouts.
Apply for Financial Assistance
Contact Mandy Evans, Program Director, for more information.