Compete for the Top
Our YMCA currently has one of the top youth basketball programs in the state at every grade level and our year-round program develops youth players both on and off the court.
Spring Hoop Elite
Hoop Elite Parents,
It’s been a challenging few weeks for everyone, especially those who are here to serve the community, like the YMCA. As we’ve noted previously, this situation is fluid and as more and more information becomes available each day, it allows us to re-evaluate our decisions. Given the updated guidelines/information on COVID-19, and with the statement from the Governor of Oregon, Kate Brown today, we have made the following adjustments to our spring programming to comply with the order and other additional information.
Practices | Postponed until Tuesday, April 28 and run through Friday, June 5
Games | Postponed and will operate on the schedule below.
Beginning of Season Tournament | May 9 & 10 | 3 Games
Week 1 League | May 16–17
Week 2 League | May 23–24
Week 3 League | May 30–31
End of Season Tournament | June 6–7 | 3 Games
We strongly believe that pushing the schedule back to late April & early May start dates is the best option to allow programming for the kids to happen this spring, which we feel is important to help everyone through this crisis. We also understand that the situation is fluid, and if any additional information is released that makes this schedule untenable, we will be sure to be in contact with you regarding any potential adjustments or changes. Be sure to follow @bhyhoopelite on Instagram, as we will be posting frequently, including daily basketball workouts.
We are all part of the Hoop Family and we will get through these challenging times together!
The Beaverton Hoop YMCA Staff
- 2020 Spring Season
Apr. 28–June 7, 2020
May 9–10 | Beginning of Season Tournament | 3 Games
May 16–17 | Games
May 23–24 | Games
May 30–31 | Games
June 6–7| End of Season Tournament
- Players are evaluated at seasonal tryouts and placed on teams based on their skill level.
- Paid coaches lead two 90-minutes practices per week and each team will play at least 12 games per season.
- Teams will be formed in an A, B, or C level format. 11 players max per team to ensure quality practices and playing time in games.
- The Beaverton Hoop YMCA carries a combined total of 30 Hoop Elite Basketball teams across grades 3–12. Number of teams per grade level varies due to participation in a given grade level.
- All league and tournament games follow high school rules and are officiated by two referees.
- Players are encouraged to attend both tryout session. They will not be placed on a team unless alternative arrangements have been made with the Program Director.
- This is a competitive basketball program and players are evaluated at tryouts and placed by skill level. Not all players will be placed.
- Players receive a student membership to the Beaverton Hoop YMCA during the season.
- Payment and Refunds
- Full payment is due by 8 PM on the last day of tryouts for your child’s division. Player will not be considered for a Hoop Elite team if payment is not made by deadline.
- Participants will be charged a $40 withdrawal fee, regardless of when the withdrawal takes place.
- If your child is not placed on a team, a refund will be issued the same way payment was received (check payment will receive a refund check, credit card will be refunded via credit card).
- A $30 tryout fee will be subtracted from the total paid. The withdrawal will not be charged in this instance.
- Notification will be sent by email to the parent or guardian listed in the registration system.
- If your child is placed on a team but you decide not to participate in the season, a refund will be issued the same way payment was received minus a $30 tryout fee and a $40 processing fee.
- Checks will be mailed by our corporate office and may take 10–15 days to arrive. Credit Card refunds can take up to 7–10 business days.
Requests for cancellation must be made in writing via email to Mandy Evans, Program Director.
- Financial Assistance
We believe every child deserves a chance to participate in our programs. Financial assistance is available to both members and non-members. Financial assistance applications are due the week before tryouts.
Apply for Financial Assistance
- Summer Hoop Elite
Due to Spring Hoop Elite being postponed until May, we are in the process of adjusting our 2020 Summer schedule. Dates will be posted when they are finalized.
TAKE YOUR GAME TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Train with some of the best basketball minds in the area. With our private lessons, youth further skill development, gain confidence and prepare your game for next season!
Contact Mandy Evans, Program Director, for more information.