What We Offer
At the Sherwood Regional Family YMCA, we know fitness involves more than working out. It's about making good choices to support a healthy spirit, mind and body. You’re not only supported by our staff, but you’re also part of a community that helps you be your best self at every age.
Whether you’re looking to lose weight, get stronger, eat healthier, fight disease, improve your energy or lower stress, we have people and programs in place to help. Check out our program guide.
- A 25 yard long, 3 lane pool with zero depth entry to 7’ deep that is senior, youth and special-need friendly. Pool temperature maintained at 84–86° F
- Recently expanded and upgraded free weight room with stretch area
- Convenient family changing rooms
- 5,200 sq ft. Teen Center complete with air hockey and pool tables, Xbox, Wii and more. Available to all teens with no YMCA membership required
- Two hours of child watch included in a family membership—per day, per child
- Full-size basketball/volleyball court
- 20’ high rock climbing wall
- Dance and gymnastic studios
- New spin cycle studio
- Cardio theater with treadmills, elliptical machines, stair steppers, step mills and more
- New cycle studio
- Life Fitness and Matrix® Selectorized strength machines
- 1/14 mile walking/running track
- New youth development studio
Take a Tour
If you haven't been inside our facility, and want to see what it looks like, please take a virtual tour.
Welcome Center—our friendly staff are here to help you with any membership, Child Watch, and program questions.
Take a dip in our Pool—our aquatics area hosts fitness classes, swim team and swim lessons.
Child Watch—leave your children with us and go get some you time in one of our many fitness rooms. Our youngest members—six weeks–23 months—engage in development and age appropriate play. Children ages 2–8 engage with others in imagination play and arts and crafts.
Multipurpose Room—this large space is transformed into extra space for Child Watch, camps and youth programs.
Studios—these spaces are used for Group Exercise Classes.
Sport Court—located downstairs, these courts are functional for a variety of programs, classes and open courts. Our rock climbing wall lives here, which is open to members throughout the week.
Our Free Weight room is tucked in behind the Sport Courts, you can build muscle, increase endurance and strength with our pullup bars, cable machines, and functional fitness equipment.
Future Renovation and Expansion
In 2019, the City of Sherwood and the YMCA in partnership with the community began discussing a possible renovation and expansion of the Sherwood Regional Family YMCA. Learn More