Ensuring Access For All
At the Y, strengthening the community is our cause. We believe that lasting personal and social change can only come about when we all work together to invest in our kids, our health, and our neighbors. With our core values of youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in mind, the YMCA proudly offers the Open Door Program to qualifying families, children, and adults to obtain quality Health and Wellness services, Youth Programs, and Child Care.
How do I apply?
Download and print application and return to your local branch. Applications that do not have all required documentation attached will experience a delay in processing.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is eligible and how is the amount determined?
Anyone is welcome to apply. The amount granted is based on the review of the required documentation provided by the applicant. We use a sliding scale based on total household income and the number of household members. Our program reduces fees, but does not eliminate them.
- What does the YMCA consider income?
We ask that applicants list all types of income, including: Wages, Tips, Retirement, Social Security (SS), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Disability, Unemployment, Temporary Assistance for Need Families (TANF), Child Support, Alimony, Housing Assistance, Food Stamps, etc. Please remember to count the income of anyone living in your household and contributing to household expenses such as rent, utilities, or groceries.
- What kind of documentation do I need?
Below is a list of acceptable documents for income verification.
- SSI/SSD Letter
- Food Stamps
- Child Support and/or Alimony
- Housing Assistance
- Student Loans
- Additional sources of income
A Reduced/Free Lunch Letter is also an acceptable form of income verification.
- How will I know if I qualified?
Your online YMCA account will be updated after your request has been processed and a notification will be sent to the email address listed on your application. Please allow up to 5-10 business days for your application to be processed.
- If approved, will my assistance automatically be applied to my account?
- If you’re new to the Open Doors program or renewing your information and your Open Doors discount stays the same or increases, your new rates will automatically be applied for future use on your account.
- If you’re a current member and your monthly membership rate will increase, we will NOT automatically renew your membership at the higher rate and your membership will end the last day of the month. At that time, if you wish to continue your membership at the higher rate, you will need to contact your YMCA front desk.
- Can my assistance be applied to past programs or memberships?
The YMCA does not retroactively apply assistance to past registrations or memberships.
- What is the renewal process?
You will need to reapply prior to your expiration date which can be found on your online YMCA account.
- Beaverton Hoop YMCA
9685 SW Harvest Ct, Beaverton, OR 97005
- Clark County Family YMCA
11324 NE 51st Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
- Sherwood Regional Family YMCA
23000 SW Pacific Hwy, Sherwood, OR 97140
- Camp Collins
3001 SE Oxbow Parkway, Gresham, OR 97080
- Youth Development/Childcare
9500 SW Barbur Blvd., Ste 200, Portland, OR 97219