Join the Y’s new E-Sports league! Participants can compete in Rocket League, NBA 2K, and Smash Bros. League is open for middle school through high school. Participants will have two practices a week along with online competition play against other Y’s across the country. Programing will run upstairs in our new esports room, decked out with all the equipment a player will need for the season.
Dates | Sept. 13–Nov. 12
Grade 6–8 | Mon. & Wed. | 5:30 PM–7 PM
Grade 9–12 | Tues. & Thurs. | 5:30 PM–7 PM
Cost | $90 for Members and $135 for Non-Members
- Registration closes | Sept. 1, 2021
- Practice begins | Sept. 13, 2021
- Playoffs begin | Oct. 25, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Why esports?
The Y’s esport program create a safe environment for players to develop game skills along with
- Improved hand-eye coordination Improved attention & visual acuity
- Improved basic visual processing and executive function
- Problem-solving & strategy skill development
- 71% of parents report gaming having net positive effects for children
- Boosts self-confidence and player socialization
- 54% of gamers say gaming helps them connect with friends
- In the span of just five years, over 125 higher education institutions have created varsity collegiate Esports programs
- More than thirty U.S. colleges and universities offer scholarships for gamers
- Does the Y provide equipment?
Yes! Everything needed will be provided and housed in our local esports room
- Do I have to be a member?
No, the league is open to all participants.
- Do I have to register as a team?
No, but if you have a team of players, everyone can sign up and play together.
- Open Door (Access for All)
We believe every child deserves a chance to participate in our programs through our Open Door program, financial assistance is available to both members and non-members. Open Door requests are processed on an ongoing basis.
- Cancellation/Withdraw Information
You may cancel your registration for a full credit if the request is received in writing (via email/mail) two weeks before the start date of the program. Cancellations made within the two-week window will be subject to a 20% cancellation fee with the remaining funds placed as a credit on your account that can be applied to any future YMCA program. All program-specific supply fees are fully non-refundable. No refunds or credits will be provided after the start date of the program.