You Can Do It
Personal trainers provide certain benefits that you can’t find when working out on your own:
- Integration of a continuous exercise program into your lifestyle
- Efficient time use to get the best possible results
- Certified trainers provide training resources to help you meet your goals
- Coordination of exercise program intensity, duration and frequency
- Constant encouragement and feedback to you during each workout
- Sports specific training available
- Basic nutritional information and advice
Our certified trainers will help you achieve your fitness goals by designing programs to specifically meet your needs. They can help you create functional exercise routines, provide meal planning tips and nutrition guidance, demonstrate important techniques, build confidence and modify your workouts for maximum results.
Whether you're training for a match or boxing for a total body workout, these fitness stations are fully adaptable. Schedule a brief intro session to BoxMaster with one of our certified trainers to learn proper form, how the station works and receive a quick run through on how to optimize your workout.
Offered at the following locations
Youth Strength Training
This three-part series of one-hour long training sessions is designed to teach youth ages 12–13 how to safely use exercise equipment at the Y, in the Healthy Living department. This program teaches youth about major muscle groups and the free weights and machines that exercise those muscles. Upon passing a test at the end of the program, youth will be allowed upstairs unaccompanied by a parent or guardian. Schedule sessions at the Healthy Living Trainer Desk.