Every body is welcome
With our commitment to open doors for every body, our facilities offer several accessible features for those who need them:
- Elevators | Offered at all locations
- Hand Crank Lift for the Pool | Offered at the Sherwood Regional Family YMCA
- Power Chair Lifts for Pools | Offered at the Clark County Family YMCA
- Wheelchair Ramp | Offered at the Clark County Family YMCA
- ADA Cardio Equipment | Offered at the Clark County Family YMCA
- Various Exercise Classes | Offered at the Clark County Family YMCA:
- Adaptive fitness
- Functional fitness
Clark County Family YMCA
- Lifestyle Balance
This class is designed to help those who are in search of motivation, support and accountability, learn about healthy lifestyle choices related to eating and exercise habits. Each week's class will have a different topic related to how and why we eat the way we do, and will look into ways at how to incorporate exercise into your weekly routine to help you maintain a healthy balance in your day. The Lifestyle Balance program meets once a week for five weeks.
- Yoga For a Healthy Back
This five week program is based on the two largest most definitive studies utilizing yoga therapy for treatment of chronic lower back pain. The class includes Low Back Anatomy 101, introduction to Yoga in Relation to Chronic Pain, breathing basics, the ABC's of Yoga Posture and Practice, and guided Homework designed to help prepare you for the next class session. Five Progressive 40 to 60 minute yoga practices with audio guidance for program continuation at home. These studies were funded by the national Institutes of Health (NIH).
Additional materials required. Instructor will contact participants prior to course start.