The Portland Good Friday Breakfast is a blessing to the Portland community from the YMCA of Columbia-Willamette and our many sponsors. All are welcome to join us for this moving testimony of God's redemption and forgiveness.
2018 Keynote Speaker | Alana Simmons
In 2015, a white supremacist in Charleston, South Carolina walked into a Bible study and brutally murdered nine African-Americans. Rev. Daniel L. Simmons, Sr. was one of those victims. Because of this unimaginable tragedy, his granddaughter, Alana Simmons became the voice of her family, congregation and the nation. When she was asked to speak at the bond hearing of the man that massacred her friends and family she delivered a powerful message that sent ripples around the world.
On Friday, Mar. 30, 2018, Alana will share this compelling story, which you will never forget.
Learn more about our keynote speaker.
- Listen to our 2018 keynote speaker, Alana Simmons' interview on The Georgene Rice Show that aired on Thursday, Mar. 8.
- Join us on Mar. 28 from 7 PM–10 PM at Highland Christian Center as we listen to Alana Simmons talk during their Wednesday bible study. Alana will conclude their series on Spiritual Warfare. All are welcome to attend.
- Watch an interview of keynote speaker, Alana Simmons on KGW8 News, Mar. 29, honoring victims of a hate crime at the Hollywood MAX Transit Center in Portland.
- Fox 12 shared an interview with Alana on Mar. 29, as she laid a wreath for the victims of a hate crime at the Hollywood MAX Transit Center in Portland.
- View KXL 101 FM News article on Alana honoring the victims of a hate crime at the Hollywood MAX Transit Center in Portland.
- View the Portland Society Page feature on the Good Friday Breakfast and some of the events Alana participated in while she was here in Portland.
Thank you to our generous Portland Good Friday Breakfast sponsors, we could not have done this event without you. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor for next year's breakfast, please contact Brenna Tunnicliff at firstname.lastname@example.org.