What It Means To Be A Coach
YMCA's youth sports leagues would not be possible without our volunteer coaches. No experience is required to coach with The Y. See below for coaching resources we provide our volunteers to be successful. If you have a desire to make a difference in the community, we would love for you to join our team of coaches.
Volunteer Coaching Information & Resources
Informational Coach Meetings are held prior to the start of each season. We use this time to go over season details, collect paperwork and answer questions. Most of all this gives us a great opportunity to put faces to names and thank you all in person for the time you are willing to volunteer.
- Basketball Coach Resources
- Volunteer Coach Expectations
- Child Safety and Sport Act Information
- YMCA Coach Manual
- Value Based Coaching
- Basketball Certificates
- Practice 1 Example | 3–4 year olds
- Practice 1 Example | Kindergarten
- Practice 1 Example | Grade 1
- Practice 1 Example | Grade 2
- Practice 1 Example | Grade 3
- Practice 1 Example | Grade 4
- Practice 1 Example | Grade 5
- Soccer Coach Resources
If you are wondering about the positive impact coaches have on kids in our community, take a look at some testimonials from parents.