- How do I apply for a job?
Visit our Career Center to see open jobs and the employment application. Use the search filters to find the position most suitable to your qualifications and interests. We encourage anyone to apply and practice preparation and persistence. When completing the employment application always highlight relevant skills, education and work experiences.
- I am interested in seasonal work, where do I find those opportunities?
YMCA Camp Collins, our resident camp in Gresham, Oregon, begins hiring the summer camp staff in January or February. Visit the Camp Collins Career Center for the employment application and job postings. Other association seasonal opportunities including but not limited to Day Camp Counselors, Lifeguards and Enrichment Instructors are posted on the general Career Center.
- What other ways can I apply?
If you are unable to fill out our online application, you can download our Employment Application or pick one up at any YMCA location. Submit the completed application to the location which interests you, email Human Resources, or fax 503 382-4895.
- How do I find the status of my job application?
Our hiring managers make every effort to respond to applicants in a timely manner. We encourage you to follow up with the hiring manager directly per the contact information on the job posting. You may also email Human Resources, or call 503 221-5343.
- Do I have to be Christian to work or volunteer at the Y?
No, we recruit, develop and maintain a diverse workforce in an environment of mutual support, encouragement, accountability, compassion and forgiveness. Our culture, based on our Christian heritage is welcoming and accessible to all. Our mission states that we are to put the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Our association is passionately committed to our purpose and mission. Our commitment is to:
- Establish long-term relationships
- Strive for excellence in all that we do
- Lead by example and serve others
- Develop people to their fullest potential
- Incorporate YMCA Christian principles into our work
- Thoroughly enjoy what we do
- I'm having technical difficulties with my online application.
- Where are the local Ys?
Our association has three Healthy Living Centers in Beaverton, Sherwood, Oregon and Clark County, Washington. We also have about 40 after school care sites and about 20 Child Development Centers as well as YMCA Camp Collins in Gresham, Oregon and numerous youth programs throughout the Portland–Vancouver metro area.
- Can I transfer to another position within the YMCA?
We are excited to help you develop your career within the organization. Please complete our Internal PDF Application and follow the directions. If you are currently working at a Y outside of this association we’re excited to meet you! Please review the open positions and complete an online application, noting your current Y location and position.
- Where is the volunteer application?