GIVE BLOOD. SAVE LIVES.
Along with helping save lives, there are a number of reasons why donating blood is important.
- A single donation can save three lives. One blood donation provides different blood components that can help up to three different people.
- Blood cannot be manufactured. Despite medical and technological advances, blood cannot be made, so donations are the only way we can give blood to those who need it.
- Blood is needed every two seconds. Nearly 21 million blood components are transfused in the U.S. every year.
- Only 37 percent of the country’s population is able to donate blood.
- Your friends or family may need your blood someday.
- For more facts and statistics visit redcrossblood.org.