Through generous funding by members of our community, the Y provides scholarships, which are funded through financial assistance, to qualifying families. A limited amount of financial assistance is available through a confidential application process. To apply for financial assistance please fill out our Financial Assistance Application.
For information about tuition costs, please check out a Child Development Center or School Site near you for more information. In addition, your family may be eligible for financial assistance. Information about financial assistance can be found here.
YMCA Scholarship Awards
To speed the processing of your early childhood, school enrichment and day camp scholarship application, please make sure the application is returned complete with all required documentation. Remember to submit your application at least two weeks in advance. It may take two full weeks to process your application and awards are not retroactive.
- Completed Child Care Assistance Application
- Income Verification | Accepted Documentation (all that apply)This includes copies of your (and your domestic partner’s) two most recent pay stubs. This also includes copies of your (and your domestic partner’s) Financial Aid award letter.
- Proof of Child Dependency | Accepted Documentation (one of the following). This would include copies of your most recent 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ tax return showing your child(ren) as your dependent (no attachments) or a copy of current medical insurance cards for you and your child(ren).
Submit Completed Application
YMCA of Columbia-Willamette
9500 SW Barbur Boulevard, Suite 200
Portland, Oregon 97219
Assessment and Award Process
Funds are the result of the generosity of YMCA supporters and are awarded without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin or status.
- The evaluation process may take two weeks once the completed application has been received
- Incomplete applications will be returned without processing
- Scholarships are not retroactive
- You will be notified of your scholarship award by mail
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Toni Larfield at 503.382.4392.