YMCA currently has at one of the top youth basketball programs in the state at every grade level and our year-round program develops youth players both on and off the court.
Fall Hoop Elite
Sept. 10–Oct. 21, 2018
Financial Assistance Application Deadline: Sept. 5, 2018
Apply for Financial Assistance
Contact Mandy Evans, Program Director, for more information.
Hoop Elite Tryouts and Team Placement
Grade 3–5 Boys: 9/10 & 9/12 (5 PM–6:30 PM)
Grade 6–8 Boys: 9/10 & 9/12 (6:45 PM–8:15 PM)
High School Boys: 9/10 & 9/12 (6:45 PM–8:15 PM)
Grade 4–5 Girls: 9/10 & 9/12 (5 PM–6:30 PM)
Grade 6–8 Girls: 9/10 & 9/12 (6:45 PM–8:15 PM)
Attending both days is highly recommended.
- Players are evaluated at seasonal tryouts and placed on teams based on their skill level.
- Paid coaches lead two 90-minutes practices per week and each team will play at least 12 games per season.
- Teams will be formed in an A, B, or C level format. 10 players max per team to ensure quality practices and playing time in games.
- The Beaverton Hoop YMCA carries a combined total of 30 Hoop Elite Basketball teams across grades 3-12. Number of teams per grade level varies due to participation in a given grade level.
- All league and tournament games follow high school rules and are officiated by two referees.
- Players are encouraged to attend both tryout session. They will not be placed on a team unless alternative arrangements have been made with the Program Director.
- This is a competitive basketball program and players are evaluated at tryouts and placed by skill level. Not all players will be placed.
- Players receive a student membership to the Beaverton Hoop YMCA during the season and a team uniform (return at end of season).
- Full payment is due by 8 PM on the last day of tryouts for your child’s division. Player will not be considered for a Hoop Elite team if payment is not made by deadline.
- If your child is not placed on a team, a refund will be issued the same way payment was received (check payment will receive a refund check, credit card will be refunded via credit card).
- A $30 tryout fee will be subtracted from the total paid.
- Notification will be sent by email to the parent or guardian listed in the registration system.
- If your child is placed on a team but you decide not to participate in the season, a refund will be issued the same way payment was received minus a $30 tryout fee and a $40 processing fee.
- Checks will be mailed by our corporate office and may take 10–15 days to arrive. Credit Card refunds can take up to 7-10 business days.
Requests for cancellation must be made in writing via email to Mandy Evans, Program Director.